The 5th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue was held in Baku, Azerbaijan, May 2-3, 2019.
The 2019 WFID Forum theme was ‘Building dialogue into action against discrimination, inequality and violent conflict’. The Forum examined the critical role of Intercultural Dialogue as an actionable strategy for building human solidarity and helping localities counter the violence and discrimination in diverse communities.
The Forum functions as an international platform that enables people, countries and organizations to advance concrete actions in support of diversity, dialogue and mutual understanding, all of which are key foundations for sustainable peace and inclusive development.
Professor Fethi Mansouri, UNESCO Chair, Cultural Diversity and Social Justice and Director of the Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation was a guest speaker at the Forum and moderator for the Plenary: Managing Diversity – Multi-level and Multi-Sectoral Collaboration,
The Plenary, opened by H.E. Ivonne A. Baki, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, included the following panellists:
– Lisa Annese, Chief Executive Officer of Diversity Council Australia.
– Jean-Christophe Bas, Chief Executive Officer of the Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute.
– Prof. Lori Beaman, Canada Research Chair in Religious Diversity and Social Change, University of Ottawa (Canada).
– H.E. Anar Karimov, Ambassador, Permanent Delegate of the Republic of Azerbaijan to UNESCO.
– Dr Nabil El-Sharif, Executive Director of the Anna Lindh Foundation.
To see more of this important Forum, click HERE.