UNESCO Chair of Cultural Diversity and Social Justice, Professor Fethi Mansouri, featured in the 2019 dKin Magazine, Deakin University’s alumni magazine that presents research highlights and achievements over 2018. Featured in an article titled ‘Recalibrating Multiculturalism’, Professor Mansouri reflected on his work in diversity and intercultural relations, which are deeply embedded aspects of his life story having grown up in Tunisia speaking multiple languages. He called for a recalibration of notions of multiculturalism in the article, challenging current thinking about multiculturalism as predominantly about ethnic/religious minorities integrating into mainstream society, and a required shift to a globalising society where all participants, minority or mainstream, are in active engagements.
- 2nd International Conference of the Australian Association for Islamic and Muslim Studies
- 2019 Alfred Deakin Institute Oration
- L’Interculturalisme à la Croisée des Chemins: Perspectives Comparatives sur les Concepts, les Politiques et les Pratiques
- Professor Fethi Mansouri meets with Professor Jon Pahl from the United Lutheran Seminary (Philadelphia)
- Australian Human Rights Commission: Calling out Casual Racism