UNESCO Chair of Cultural Diversity and Social Justice, Professor Fethi Mansouri, featured in the 2019 dKin Magazine, Deakin University’s alumni magazine that presents research highlights and achievements over 2018. Featured in an article titled ‘Recalibrating Multiculturalism’, Professor Mansouri reflected on his work in diversity and intercultural relations, which are deeply embedded aspects of his life story having grown up in Tunisia speaking multiple languages. He called for a recalibration of notions of multiculturalism in the article, challenging current thinking about multiculturalism as predominantly about ethnic/religious minorities integrating into mainstream society, and a required shift to a globalising society where all participants, minority or mainstream, are in active engagements.
- Radio Interview: France’s crime should be condemned, so should other crimes
- Journal Article: Public Attitudes Towards Multiculturalism and Interculturalism in Australia
- Journal Article: On the Discursive and Methodological Categorisation of Islam and Muslims in the West: Ontological and Epistemological Considerations
- UN International Peace Day
- Virtual Conference: UN International Day of Peace 2020