Please join us on Thursday 26 October for a symposium which will present and discuss key findings from an Australian Research Council Linkage Project on ‘Mapping Social Services in Multicultural Societies‘, conducted in collaboration with Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria, Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights, and the Victorian Multicultural Commission.
The symposium aims to share evidence-based knowledge, exchange ideas across sectors, and forge future collaborations that can contribute to the advancement of multicultural policies and practices in Australia.
The Hon. Ingrid Stitt MP, Minister for Mental Health, Ageing and Multicultural Affairs will open the symposium with a welcome speech.
Other speakers include:
- Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic & Alfred Deakin Professor Liz Johnson
- UNESCO Chair of Cultural Diversity and Social Justice Professor Fethi Mansouri
- Diana Sayed, CEO, Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights (AMWCHR)
- Vivienne Nguyen AM, Chairperson, Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC)
- Mo Elrafihi, CEO, Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria (ECCV)
- A/Prof Anthony Moran, La Trobe University
- Dr Glenda Ballantyne, Swinburne University
- Prof Karen Farquharson, University of Melbourne
- Dr Matteo Vergani, Alfred Deakin Institute, Deakin University
- Dr Enqi Weng, Alfred Deakin Institute, Deakin University
*Please note registration has now closed*